The IT Platforms Design and Development (D&D) unit supports the Areas of Activity in the identification of innovative applicative solutions, defines their requirements and carries out design and development of strategic systems and components.
It is D&D’s specific task and responsibility to identify innovative technological solutions to be used in the products of interest for the market and the Company.
In detail D&D’s activities involve:
- Development of projects, engineering and evolution of repetitive products and/or systems to be integrated for the realization of the Company’s orders
- Proposal of research and development themes that may be relevant for the Company’s applications scenario
- Acquisition and management of research projects co-financed by National and European Institutions
- Management of relations with Universities, Research and Standardization Institutes.
Systems and application software design and development activities are carried out adopting project management techniques, through the creation and management of project groups, where technical and management responsibilities are assigned to internal resources.
The design and development of systems and/or software components characterized by a high degree of innovation (be it technological, process, organizational…) are always carried out by internal resources along the stages of:
- System design and development
- Software design and development
- Software application maintenance
D&D Units competences include:
- System engineering for the design and development of complex networks and technological systems.
- Software engineering for the specification, design, development and validation of application software and information systems including: Relational Databases, Objects Databases, Geographical Databases, Process Control and Monitoring Systems, Embedded Applications, Application Integration Platforms, Data Warehouse, Multimedia Systems, Expert Systems and DSS.
- System analysis and design according to the most innovative methods.
- IT and network technologies.
- Software development environments and languages.
- Software test and validation platforms.